Fox World Travel, Oshkosh, WI (PHP Developer, 2013-Current)
Extensive additions made to the corporate intranet and public facing websites. Automate (Crontab) business processes and meet security standards (PCI). Use services, such as, Twilio, Slack, and SMTP to alert employees and customers. Update legacy code and ensure codebase is orderly. Write highly effective MySQL, SQL Server, Sybase, and Interbase queries. Use several AWS services, like S3 and DynamoDB, for uptime and fast responses. Responsible for maintaining CentOS and IIS servers.
Blue Door Consulting, Oshkosh, WI (Programming Ninja, 2012-2013)
Web developer and programmer, assisting Blue Door Consulting’s team in building Web sites, social networks and online/mobile applications for its varied clientele. Programming constitutes the majority of this position, the web developers work closely with the internal team and sub-contractors to develop specifications, implement best practices and make recommendations on the use of existing and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design, and database development are all elements of this position.
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Green Bay, WI (Student Web Developer/Web Developer, 2011-2012)
Support and assist with web development and web design projects. Designing/coding new web pages using many different programming languages. Keeping top-level pages of the University’s site, academic program sites, and various special projects updated.
University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley (Student Web Designer/Student IT, 2008-2010)
Provide essential customer support for all technologies on campus. Work with professional IT staff/technicians to support faculty, students, and staff members with hardware and software needs. Provide end-users with solutions to problems, educate users, and perform additional tasks as needed.
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (2010-2012)
Major: Information Sciences
Emphasis Area: Psychology
University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley (2008-2010)
- BethanyLerch.com (Custom WordPress site)
- ErinLerch.com (Custom WordPress site)
- UWGB Special Collection (Built on Zend and Oracle. Includes LDAP authentication)
- Dave.kz (Custom WordPress site)
- Richard Long Photography (Custom WordPress site)
- “WordPress Without Themes“, WordCamp Milwaukee (July, 2014)
- “Page Speed & Caching“, Appleton WordPress Meetup (June, 2014)
- “Building Your First WordPress Shortcode”, Web920 (Nov 2013) & Appleton WordPress Meetup (Nov 2013)
- “Why’s My Site So Freakin’ Slow?!“, WordCamp Milwaukee (June, 2013)
- “Responsive WordPress“, Appleton WordPress Meetup (Mar, 2013)
- “Mo-Sponsive“, Fox Cities PHP (Feb, 2013)
Open-Source Code Contributions:
- Obcento (PHP Twitter OAuth Library)
- Recent Posts Widget Extended (also available on WordPress.org)
- Squeaky Theme (For WordPress)