I always forget how to setup a WordPress Network install (this is also called a WordPress multisite install). Here’s my quickstart configuration check list.
- Install a vanilla copy of WordPress from WordPress.org.†
- Open ‘wp-config.php’ and under the line that says “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */” add define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true);
- Login to WordPress and go to Tools > Network Setup.
- Edit your Network Step information and click submit.
- Follow the instructions to edit you wp-config and htaccess files.
- You’ll be logged out once those changes have been make. Log back in.
- $$$ PROFIT!